Welcome back to another fantasy filled Punts and Differential article! I have been on a hiatus taking care of my newborn baby boy! After much thought and discussion, I will be changing things up for these articles. I will continue to list whom I think are the best punts, and why I will select them at each position. I will also be adding a “Boom or Bust” pick of the week for people to take a flyer on.
So hit me up on Twitter and let me know what you think of the new format and give me any suggestions for how I can keep making this article more fun and informative.
- Gleeson (POR – 4.7 Mil @ 3.6 % Ownership): POR have sold AK, and are in need of a backup. This should solidify Gleeson’s starting role for the foreseeable future. He rotates perfectly H/A with LAG GK Rowe.
- Bono (TFC – 4.5 Mil @ 1.5 % Ownership): TFC have a DGW in GW22, and with Irwin out until the week after, this looks to be a solid bet for a cheap DGW option.
- Allen (NYCFC – 5.3 Mil @ 4.4 % Ownership): Allen has been playing a very attack minded defensive role for NYCFC. We all know they don’t have the best defense, but the pros of his assist/bp potential outweigh the cons.
- Beitashour (TFC —7.7 Mil @ 3.4 % Ownership): With Irwin out, the defense of TFC will be shaky. Beita has always produced, and with most managers pick of Moor, Beita could be a sneaky way into TFC defense for the DGW.
Boom or Bust pick of the week
- Parkhurst (CLB- 7.8 Mil @ 2.5 % Ownership): Parkhurst has been solid as of late and they have a home game against OCSC. With the looming transfer of Larin, Parkhurst could be a great differential pick.
- Harrison (NYCFC – 5.8 Mil @ 3.3 % Ownership): Harrison, the rookie Phenom has put on a clinic since he has been selected in the starting XI. He has scored 3 goals, and notched 2 assists in his past 7 outings. The PP90 is off the charts for this youngster. For a cheap 5th midfielder option, you couldn’t ask for more!
- Fat Frank Lampard (NYCFC- 10.5 Mil @ 2.2% Ownership) : There isn’t much I can say about Frank other than he scores, and has arguably one of the best PP90. He has scored 5 goals in his last 6 matches, and always seems to be in prime position to score.
- Medranda (SKC- 6.4 Mil @ 2.4% Ownership): Medranda has flown under the radar all season. He isnt your flashy type of player, but his floor is extremely consistent at 4-5 PPG. Besides Harrison(NYCFC), Medranda is a fantastic inexpensive 5th mid option.
Boom or Bust pick of the week
- Marco Pappa (COL- 8.2 Mil @ 2.1% Ownership): Pappa pre injury was averaging 6-8 PPG. With Pappa fully fit, he could be one of the league leaders in PPG. He is on most SP, and pulls the strings in COL offense.
- Accam (CHI-9.2 Mil @ 3.8% Ownership): Accam is by far one of the most explosive MLS/FMLS players. They don’t have a bye for the rest of the season, but do have a tough schedule ahead. If you’re looking for a boom/bust pick. Accam is your man!
- Drogba (MTL – 12.1 Mil @ 3.8 % Ownership): When Drogba plays, he scores. The issue is his playtime. He gets rested for what seems to be no good reason, and is typically not listed in the injury report. This could be a fantastic pick against a PHI defense in MTL.
- Melano (PDX- 8.9 Mil @ 1.0 % Ownership): Melano scoring 2 goals in his last outing could get himself back on the scoring sheet vs LAG at home.
Best of luck this week, and remember that CLB/FCD have a GW22 Bye, and RSL/TFC have a GW22 DGW! What are your punts/differentials this week?