2021 Fantasy Schedule: First Draft
Welcome back MLS Fantasy managers! I’m happy to see you have retained your manager position (for now!) and are ready to start planning for the 2021 MLS Fantasy Season. I worked up a draft of this document before the official game launch. On launch day, I realized that I got off a day and most of my DGWs were not correct. Fortunately, @CoachHagueESOL did the hard work for me and worked up a schedule of his own. This saved me a lot of time and I want to give a shout out and credit where credit is due!
How the Fantasy Season Works
In 2019, the fantasy season was divided into 2 seasons (Spring and Fall). In 2020, we threw that out the window but the impact of game cancelations due to COVID-19 precautions made the season schedule anything but normal. So in 2021, we’re going back to a post 2019 schedule. There is one season long fantasy season BUT we retained the 2020 Champions league.
If you want to hear more about the 2021 season, check out the Round 1 MLS Fantasy Insider podcast episode where we talk more about the schedule.
2021 Fantasy Schedule
Below is my first draft of the fantasy season.
Rounds that start on a weekend on labeled with orange. Rounds that start on Wednesday are labeled with green. Thursday starting rounds are labeled with purple.
If you see any mistakes, please let me know and I’ll put it on my to-do list for the next draft update!
Direct Links: Full Schedule
- We have fewer rounds this year so that will make the season seem like it flys by
- FCC and ATX have a long series of road games at the start of the season due to new stadiums. This will likely have a negative impact on fantasy points if history plays out.
- The Canadian teams are playing many home games in the US, so those are not REALLY home field advantage.
- I’m loving all the bye rounds because switcheroos will be easy this season.
- We have some a blot of quick DGWs in the middle and end of the season, so watch for rotations.