And now it’s time for forwards. We still feel that you only need one since they really have to score to get points, but two games does double the change for them to get those all so precious goals. We’ll touch on a couple of single game players who might be good value picks, but most of the best choices this week are going to be from the double game players.
Keep reading and please let us know what you think.
The Big Guns
Some of the most obvious picks and typical go-to guys
- Chris Wondolowski ($10.2m @ 27.7%. Home game vs Toronto and Away game vs Seattle): You have no idea how much it hurts me to say this but… Wondo looks like a good pick this week. We have to be subjective even though I’ve been anti him for the majority of the season. He’s still expensive, but San Jose have a good run of games coming up, not just this week. Also, with the return of healthy midfielders and un-suspended forwards, it could be time for him to shine. Now seems like a good time to bring him in.
- Robbie Keane ($10.4 @ 17.7%. Away game vs Vancouver): He still listed as questionable and NO double game. If you have him, he could be good in the week 12 double games, but we don’t see any reason to bring him in or start him this week.
- Thierry Henry ($10.5m @ 18.2%. Home game vs Montreal and Away game vs New England): If you have not heard, New York will be resting some players this week. We expect Henry to play against Montreal, but are unsure about New England due to the turf field. Perhaps he’ll be “rested”. No word yet, but if you have a trade left over, you MAY consider a transfer. I say may because New York have 3 home games after this week, and that’s always nice.
- Claudio Bieler ($9.3m @ 11.2%. Home game vs Seattle and Away game vs Houston): Bieler has two goals in his last 4 games, and both of those came last week. He’s been on and off this year (as most forwards are) and we really only give him a 50/50 chance to score in both games. The Seattle game seems like a good shot, but Houston will be a game to watch. No need to trade him if you have him, but if you are looking for someone to bring in, there are some more tempting options.
- Will Bruin ($8.7m @ 7.6%. Away game vs DC and Home game vs Kansas City): Bruin has been struggling this year; there is no other way to put it. The DC game is very attractive now that Davis is back, but the Kansas game will be harder. He’s not our favorite pick and his price means that you can get some of the hot transfers below for a better value.
Hot Transfer Targets
Players on good form or with good games who are current popular picks
- Marco Di Vaio ($8.6m @ 7.9%. Away game vs New York and Home game vs Real Salt Lake): I mentioned before that you could find some better options than Bruin, well this one of them. Di Vaoi has scored four times in eight games. His value does not reflect this due to all of the bye weeks that Montreal have due to the Canadian Championship tournament. If you are able to deal with the bye weeks, we think Di Vaio will be a good inventment.
- Ryan Johnson ($8.8 @ 19.8%. Away game vs Dallas and Home vs Chivas): Johnson is the second highest scoring forward right now and he’s under $9m. With a double game this week and a game in week 15, he could be a good long term investment. We don’t expect much from him against Dallas, but Chivas should be a great chance with Kennedy out. Definitely a good one to bring in this week if you are looking for a less expensive player.
- Jack McInerney ($8.6m @ 17.6%. Away game vs Chicago): Philly play Chicago so it looks like they have a good chance for some points. J Mac has a double next week but NO double this week. If you are not going to play a DGW forward, he’s a good option, but not worth trading for this week.
- Federico Higuaín ($9.2m @ 16.2%. Home game vs Colorado): Higuain may have done little last week, but he was on fire vs DC and Colorado is in that same category (sorry Colorado fans). When he’s in form he can get points, so keep an eye on him. DO NOT get him for this week because Columbus has NO double game.
Differential picks that look good to gain value over the next few games
- Adam Jahn ($5.6m @ 5.8%. Home game vs Toronto and Away game vs Seattle): Talk about value! Nine points behind Wondo and almost half the cost. He’s hot this week but you have to wonder how much play time he’ll get with the Bash Brothers coming off of suspension for the Seattle game.
- Fabian Espindola ($8.5m @ 9.2%. Home game vs Montreal and Away game vs New England): If Henry sits; Espindola has a good chance to get some goals unless Cahill decides to start earning his money. He’s the cheap way into the NY offense.
These are our picks, if you think there should be more names on this list, please leave a comment or come to r/FantasyMLS and comment on the post. You can also leave a message on our Facebook page or you can find us on Twitter @FantasyMLSTips. Keep checking back for more updates through the week for other positions.