Fantasy MLS for 2017 is a wildcard every week. In this piece, we explore the options available to brand new players and veterans alike as we attempt to predict the round’s Dream Team. We will primarily look at matchups and form as we pick the strongest team at $100m starting salary.
Best XI Predictions 2017 – Round 24
- Goalkeeper – Lampson $4.8 CHI: Lampson and Chicago have played well so far at home, but this is a DGW pick. The shutouts aren’t likely, so grab your guaranteed points and enjoy the price.
- Defender – Meria $6.7 CHI: Meira has been a quality option even without the clean sheets. DGW defense has to get some coverage.
- Defender – Jones $5.8 SEA: Jones and Seattle are killing it right now. Load up as Minnesota heads to town.
- Defender – Sands $4.0 NYC: Switcheroo here. Duvall in the first slot to see both games and Leerdam ready to come in for Seattle. If Duval doesn’t hit 6, take him out.
- Midfielder – Dzemaili $9.2 MTL: He’s brought new life to Montreal and he’s playing twice. How can anyone pass him up.
- Midfielder – Piatti $11.2 MTL: Piatti is the consensus captain choice at this point. Two games for Montreal’s leading man can’t be ignored.
- Midfielder – McCarty $9.6 CHI: Chicago midfield coverage is a tough pick. Bastian has a lot of upside, but might get rested. Go with the work horse who will get you consistent points.
- Midfielder – Roldan $7.8 SEA: Your 3rd Seattle option. Some might opt for Lodeiro, but Roldan is priced right with solid production.
- Midfielder – Moralez $9.5 NYC: Moralez gets the final spot over a 2nd Chicago mid. New England at home is juicy.
- Forward – Villa $12.1 NYC: Speaking of juicy, Villa is a must own at home this round. If it wasn’t for consistency worries with forwards, he might make captain.
- Forward – Dempsey $10.0 SEA: No DGW forwards as Dempsey snags the last spot. Niko has gone quite and Accam’s drama lead to playing it safe. Dempsey at home versus Minnesota is definitely a safe pick.
- Goalkeeper – Brown $4.0 HOU
- Defender – Duvall $4.6 MTL
- Defender – Leerdam $5.4 SEA
- Forward- Edwards $3.8 TFC
Total Value: $108.5
It’s a Double Game Week and only, but the bigger highlight is only four teams represented. Montreal and Chicago are easy selections, but picking from NYC and Seattle is hard to pass up. If it wasn’t a double, there is a serious case to be made for selecting 4 players from both NYc and Seattle.
Piatti. No question here. He’s back, in form, and taking PKs with 180 minutes to play.