Fantasy MLS is back in 2018 and so is our Best XI Predictions. In this segment, we attempt to discern the best Starting XI possible for MLS Fantasy within a few constraints. We’ll only be using a $100m cap this season, or two seasons with Spring and Fall. The new “autoroo” will be used frequently as well to give us the higher of two scores off the bench.
Week 2 was not a great week, but this team gained $1.2 in value. The clean sheet hunting was a failure and the autoroo options were less than stellar.
- Goalkeeper – McIntosh $4.0 POR (Kepeeroo)
- Defender – Dean $4.3 CHI
- Defender – Horst $4.3 RSL
- Defender – Kappelhof $5.7 CHI
- Defender – Cole $4.0 LA (Autoroo)
- Midfielder – Moralez $10.0 NYC
- Midfielder – Diaz $10.2 DAL
- Midfielder – Almiron $10.3 ATL
- Forward – Villalba $9.5 ATL
- Forward – Zardes $9.2 CLB
- Forward – Sapong $10.0 PHI
- Goalkeeper – Sanchez $4.8 CHI
- Defender – Blackmon $4.0 LAFC
- Midfielder – Salloi $5.5 SKC
- Midfielder – Martinez $4.7 CLB
Total Value: $100.0
Round 3 is tough to navigate with no standout games to choose from. NYC v VAN is probably the best matchup followed by CHI at MNU. With Villa’s status questionable, he’s not included here, but can be transferred in if he is indeed starting.
This week it’s all out attack. The three forwards have been hot and should get goals again this week. Diaz might be an odd inclusion, but Seattle’s lineup is plagued by injuries giving Diaz the opportunity to shine.
With Villa potentially injured, there’s no clear-cut captain choice. Maxi Moralez looks good, but can produce the occasional dud. Vancouver is the best road team in the league so banking on huge Atlanta scores isn’t the smartest choice. Sapong and company are coming off a bye and the Columbus defense has been shaky at best. Round 3’s armband goes to Sapong.