Fantasy MLS for 2017 is a wildcard every week. In this piece, we explore the options available to brand new players and veterans alike as we attempt to predict the round’s Dream Team. We will primarily look at matchups and form as we pick the strongest team at $100m starting salary.
Not breaking 100 points is a bit disappointing, but this team did well all things considered. An untimely Giovinco injury set this team back a lot. But not nearly as much as the lackluster defense.
Total Score: 93
Average: 60 (+33)
Highest: 133 (-40)
Best XI Predictions 2017 – Round 12
- Goalkeeper – Blake $5.7 PHI: Two home games against statistically weak teams on the round. Best chance for a cleansheet or double CS this week.
- Defender – Jungwirth $6.1 SJ: He’s still killing it and Orlando could phone in the first game. Definitely worth the risk.
- Defender – Vincent $4.7 CHI: Vincent is priced right for this DGW.
- Defender – Elliot $4.3 PHI: Elliot has done well and Philly is at home twice. Hard not to include him.
- Midfielder – Molino $10.1 MNU: LA are bad and Molino is leading this high flying offense. When he goes off, this is a great pick.
- Midfielder – McCarty $9.4 CHI: McCarty is facing Colorado and DC. What more should be said.
- Midfielder – Medunjanin $8.2 PHI: He’s been racking up the points at defensive mid and he’s got two more great chances to add on some attacking points. He might be one of the best players this round.
- Midfielder – Godoy $7.4 SJ: Godoy is still one of the most cost effective players in the game. Double that and you’ve got a winner.
- Midfielder – Alex $7.8 NE: Anything Houston does this week is likely to involve Alex. He’s been a great asset for the Western Conference’s leading team.
- Forward – Villa $10.7 NYC: Villa isn’t a huge rotation risk in DGWs. He’s also starting with RSL.
- Forward – Nikolic $9.9 CHI: He’s come on strong lately and the matchups are ripe for the taking.
- Goalkeeper – Brown $4.0 HOU
- Defender – Dunk $3.9 RSL
- Midfielder – Tabla $3.9 MTL
- Forward – Edwards $3.9 TFC
Total Value: $99.9
With 10 teams playing twice, there is really no reason to even consider SGW players. That said, Kevin Molino is primed for a good game. This might be a controversial pick, but differentials can make or break a team.
This midfield is about consistency on a budget. All 4 DGW mids are putting up solid numbers game in and game out and should hit double digits this round. The defense is a budget one with a lot of upside while the forwards are all flash and big game cash ins.
Good luck picking a captain. Nikolic and Villa are both great options and really should be the front runners this week. Mendunjanin could be a huge differential, especially if he contributes in the attack. For this week, the Best XI captain goes to Nikolic. Colorado and away at DC is too tasty to pass on.