One of the hardest things about MLS Fantasy is keeping track of the injuries. Well, I’m here to help my Injury News for Round 14. I keep track of the latest news on injuries from the beat writers and clubs around the league and before the transfer deadline I’ll post it all here. For information that pops up after this post posts, check out @MLSInjuryNews. A lot of news over the break, so let’s get to it. I have the players sorted based on their team in alphabetical order (I hope; I may have done this while watching the US match. Sue me).
- Gilberto (CHI): Has left the team;while not officially permanent is appears he’s done with Chicago.
- Marco Pappa (COL): Played in the Open Match, should play this weekend.
- Bobby Burling (COL): Knee surgery; out 5 weeks
Higuain (COB): Out 6-8 weeks following surgery this week on a sports hernia
Saeid (COBS): Out with a broken vertebrae; no timetable given.
- Sapong (PHI): Did not train Thursday with an ankle sprain; looks like he’ll be out.
- Yaro (PHI): Close to a return after his shoulder injury
- Gerrard (LA): Missed last match with hamstring strain, no timeline given. Wasn’t in the 18 for the Open Cup but with Bruce Arena that was probably going to happen anyway.
- Piatti (MTL): Out three weeks with hand surgery; expected back for the 25th
- Kaka (ORL): Consistent reports that will return after the injury suffered in training with Brazil but no confirmation yet. Was not in the 18 for the Open Cup match. EDIT-KAKA IS OUT PER ORLANDO SENTINEL
- Kemar Lawrence (RBNY): out for a month.
- Coelho (SKC): Missed last two matches as a “precaution” due to tightness in legs but suffered a “setback” prior to the Open Cup match that kept him out on Wednesday. I’m guessing he’s out Sunday too.
- Mustivar (SKC): Back in training, a return is “near.”
- Giovinco (TFC): Appeared in Voyagers Cup play after early sub in last MLS match, should be back.
UPDATE-GIOVANNI DOS SANTOS IS LISTED AS QUESTIONABLE WITH A QUAD ISSUE ON OFFICIAL INJURY REPORT