Here’s the latest injury news starting with the DGW players:
- Sapong: Curtin made positive remarks but today Kevin Kinkead (phi beat writer) posted an article which suggested Sapong won’t be starting tonight. We’ll see their lineups before the transfer deadline.
- Yaro: Cleared to play
- GDS & Gerrard: Bruce said both “should be available” for tonight’s match after both missed the 18. This is up to whether you trust Bruce Arena.
- Robbie Rogers: Out for ankle surgery
- Mike Grella: Last week’s Player of the Week has a new baby daughter born yesterday, so it’s possible/likely he won’t be with the Red Bulls in Salt Lake.
Now for non-DGW news
- Piatti: Training and should be available.
- Toia: Not training; unlikely for this weekend.
- Kaka: No firm update. Apparently he only returned to the US this past weekend, so he must have been lot further away from recovery than Orlando’s original timeline suggested. I wouldn’t bring him in right now until we get some better information.
- Coelho: No updates from this week, but based on the setback he experienced last week I’d guess he’s out.
Also, U.S. Players still have a match on Saturday in the third place game, but they’ll be coming back. I imagine most will be available for Week 16, but it’s conceivable that players like Dempsey who played a ton of minutes will see reduced time in 16.